Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: Maybe a stupid question...How do I transfer film to video to edit?

  1. #21
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hahaha.

    Gosh, that sounds so pedestrian, but it would be true. Now if you had a son, he could be the coolest kid in the class by insisting to shoot in Super-8.

    But you have a daughter, if she insisted on shooting Super-8 she'd probably be idolized by all the guys, [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] so you might have to stay quiet and grit your teeth.

  2. #22
    Inactive Member 4score's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 7th, 2003
    Posts
    69
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks Cameraguy. I'll definately shoot it with both. Maybe in a while I'll even post it!

    [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Chris

  3. #23
    Inactive Member Mike Buckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    4score, I'd like to see your epic when done, if there's some way you can post it! mikeyb

  4. #24
    Inactive Member 4score's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 7th, 2003
    Posts
    69
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    MikeyB,

    I just ordered 3 rolls of K-40 w/ proccessing, shipping, and tax to Northern California for $49. It worked!!! It should be here in 2 days! K-40 is a silent film right? I'm a little worried because I'm just jumping into everything and I haven't a clue what exactly I'm doing! Doh!

    ChrisA [img]rolleyes.gif[/img]

  5. #25
    Inactive Member cameraguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2001
    Posts
    831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ August 31, 2003 09:08 AM: Message edited by: cameraguy ]</font></font>

    -----------------

    Original message reinserted by the moderator to keep the entire topic thread intact.

    -----------------

    Originally posted by 4score:
    K-40 is a silent film right?
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">Yes its silent and will be fine in the Canon you won.

    <font color="#7BC618" size="1">[ November 08, 2003 11:14 PM: Message edited by: Alex ]</font>

  6. #26
    Inactive Member Mike Buckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Glad to hear you got the camera and the film! I'll have to try that kodak number for myself..have fun making your epic...film rocks! mikeyb

  7. #27
    Inactive Member Mike Buckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Only if the particular lab that processes it, sells it too. (unlikely)...I havent used b/w film lately, but if you do the search function in this or the other filmmaking forum on hostboard, you can find who does the processing...you can buy the film from Kodak. Mikeyb

  8. #28
    Inactive Member wahiba's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    181
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I thought this was thread on DIY telecine - not about buying and processing Kodachrome.

    Anyhow DIY telecine requires a projector that runs around 18 fps and a camcorder with a shutter speed of around 1/50 second.

    Set up camera and projector next to each other.

    Connect camcorder to a computer and use the screen image for setting up.

    Use a piece of decent A4 paper as the screen.

    As neither camera or projector can be parallel point them both at the screen from a slight off centre angle that is the same for both. About 30 inches, 750 mm from screen. Try to get lenses at same height.

    the angle pojector will produce a slight off square picture, which will be corrected by the slightly off square camera. the benefit of this angle is that any glare from the projector bulb does not come off a an angle, so the likelyhood of a light spot in the centre is reduced.

    Start projector, focus, record.

    Edit in the computer and add sound track.

    The original film can be negative which can be reversed by the projector.

    check out my site for my amateur efforts. [img]wink.gif[/img]

  9. #29
    Inactive Member 4score's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 7th, 2003
    Posts
    69
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Is there any way to get Plus X film with processing included like I did with K-40?

    ChrisA

  10. #30
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I found this info from a past Hostboard contributor.

    Thought I'd share it.

    Tom Hardwick's transfer method

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •